Bonavista Baptist Church started in 1975 as a church plant from Altadore Baptist Church. We have been at the corner of Canyon Meadows drive and Acadia drive ever since. BBC is a member of the Canadian Baptists of West Canada convention.
What we believe
While not a denomination that emphasizes creeds or rituals, the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada together affirm wholeheartedly the revelation of God as given in the scriptures of the Old and New Testaments and confess the faith therein set forth. We here explicitly assert the doctrines which we regard as crucial to the understanding and proclamation of the Gospel and to practical Christian living:
- The sovereignty, love, and grace of God, the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit in creation, providence, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
- The divine inspiration of Holy Scripture and its entire trustworthiness and supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The value of each human being as created by God. The universal sinfulness of humankind since the fall, which alienates all from God and subjects all to condemnation.
- The full deity and humanity of the Lord Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God, whose substitutionary sacrifice is the sole ground of redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin.
- The justification of the sinner by the grace of God through faith alone in Christ crucified and risen from the dead.
- The illuminating, regenerating, indwelling and sanctifying work of God, the Holy Spirit, in the believer.
- The church as set forth in the New Testament and understood historically by the Baptist community.
- The expectation of the personal, visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ, our participation in the resurrection, and the hope of eternal life.
Why we exist
Our vision statement is: “A Passion for Christ. A Heart for People. A Life of Service.”
- Bring people to Christ
- Foster strong individuals and families
- Serve the community here and abroad
How we can help
- We offer you a place of welcome, refuge and peace;
- We offer a place for you to meet some new friends and acquaintances;
- We offer personal prayer support and a monthly Prayer Hour gathering;
- We can connect you to a Life Group;
- We will encourage your regular attendance for Praise, Worship, Teaching and Fellowship;
- We have an excellent Nursery, Children’s Sunday School and Young People’s Groups;
- We have periodic Alpha Courses for your personal growth and development;
- We have programs and outreach where you can volunteer and feel a part of the life of the church.